Terms & Conditions
Booking and Fees
All children must be over 8 years of age.
The booking is non-refundable but if you let us know no later than 30 days before the workshop date we can transfer the booking to another workshop. If it is less than 30 days notice before the workshop you are welcome to send somebody else in your child’s place. We require a minimum of 24 hours notice to transfer the booking.
• Payment for all courses must be paid in full for your place to be secured unless otherwise stated.
• Green by Emma offers an online booking service, once the booking form has been completed and submitted, payment in full received and the booking validated by Green by Emma you will be sent confirmation of your booking via the email address you have provided. Bookings are subject to these Terms and Conditions.
• Receiving email acknowledgement of payment is confirmation of your request to book a child on a Green by Emma workshop.
• For safety reasons we can only guarantee a place on any course to those booking in advance. Those that turn up on the day will not be guaranteed a place.
• All bookings are subject to the right to cancel in writing (by e-mail to us) within fourteen (14) calendar days from the date that you receive e-mail acknowledgement of the booking pursuant to the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013. Outside of this fourteen (14) day period all bookings confirmed by us are final and non-refundable.
• Any medical conditions and/or allergies that any participant may have must be fully disclosed (1) at the time of booking in writing to Green by Emma and (2) to the cookery teacher at the Activity or at the venue.
If your circumstances have changed and your child is no longer able to attend the workshop, please us know as soon as possible, via email to email@example.com Please also notify us of any change in the contact details provided as these will be used by Green by Emma for all correspondence.The menus posted on our website may be subject to variations of the ingredients are not available. Occasionally we may have to cancel or postpone a class due to unavoidable circumstances or if a class is under-subscribed. In such case we will notify all confirmed attendees as soon as possible and reschedule new dates
• Confirmed bookings may not be cancelled. Bookings are, however freely transferable, we just ask for a minimum of 24 hours notice.
• You must comply with all rules and regulations issued by Green by Emma
• If Green by Emma considers that you or the person you have booked onto a course have behaved in an unacceptable manner, Green by Emma will be entitled to require you to cease to attend any workshop. If we are unable to reallocate your place, no refund of fees will be made.
• We make every effort to ensure the cooking workshops are as safe and enjoyable as possible, however, please be aware that cooking may on occasion involve the use of potentially dangerous kitchen utensils and equipment including but not limited to knives, graters, peelers, hobs, ovens, food processors.
• Green by Emma has a rigorous set of safety procedures including appropriate insurance in place to minimise the risks of any potential hazard but cannot be held responsible for any injury or damage that might occur during a Green by Emma activity.
• You must not bring any items of special value to our courses. Green by Emma will not accept responsibility for the loss of any personal possessions.
• We will not be liable for any loss suffered by you which is indirect, special or consequential.
• We will not be liable for any loss suffered by you resulting from any event which is beyond our reasonable control.
• Green by Emma may from time to time take photographs/film of any Green by Emma workshop, the use of this data is solely for the purpose of promoting and publicising Green byEmma activities through literature, website, social media, press and TV.
• Parents/guardians that do not wish for their child to be photographed/filmed must make Green by Emnna aware of this at the time of booking or in writing before the workshop starts (where possible Green by Emma will inform parents/guardians at the start of a class).
Health & Safety
• A full risk assessment will be carried out before any activity takes place at a new venue. Green by Emma hold a current emergency aid certificate issued by an appropriate body.
• By agreeing to these terms and conditions you are providing consent for Green by Emma staff to administer any and all necessary first aid to your child as required at any time.
• For safety reasons it is compulsory for all attendees to tie long hair back and wear an apron.
• It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to ensure appropriate clothing and footwear is worn.
All participants should wear flat comfy shoes with covered toes and non slip soles. We cannot admit your child without proper footwear. We recommend wearing sensible clothing that is okay to get dirty, we are not liable for any damage that occurs too clothing.
• Green by Emma has Public Liability insurance with cover provided by Blackfriars Ltd.
• Green by Emma will be entitled to change the timing and/or content of any course and to substitute any teacher at any time.
• In the event that Green by Emma has to cancel a class or course for any reason, a credit note for the full value of the booking fee paid will be issued to the person who booked or alternative provisions to stage the class or course at another time will be arranged and confirmed to all. If you are unable to attend at the alternatively arranged time and confirm this to Green by Emma you will be issued with a credit note to the full value of the booking fee paid.
Leaving an Activity
• Any child that is collected must be collected by a parent or guardian. Any other arrangements must be provided in writing.
• Any child that normally walks home unaccompanied will only be allowed to leave unaccompanied if a parent or guardian has provided written consent prior to the commencement of the Activity.